With a mix of interactive learning approaches and activities we help a wide range of stakeholders further develop their knowledge, skills and attitudes to better contribute to their organisations and contexts. We do this with an emphasis on horizontal exchange and an artful combination of theory and practice.
Learning for us needs to be context-relevant and fit for purpose. We depart from existing capacities and participants’ interests and learning by doing, with an emphasis on peer learning. Within our evolving capacity efforts, we always strive to help individuals apply what they learn to their workplace: through development of plans and strategies for their institutions, to mentoring and technical assistance for implementation.
Our capacity building activities also integrate good practices from around the world to inspire our participants with new approaches, tools, and ideas. We also live these processes as opportunities for our team to learn from others and nurture our own work.
We help participants improve their skills in areas such as policy engagement, policy-relevant research, communications, fundraising, monitoring, evaluation and learning, leadership, and gender and diversity, among others.
Some of our projects
- FAO workshop on Monitoring, evaluation, and learning of policy influence
- United Nations Evaluation Group workshop on Monitoring, evaluation, and learning of policy influence
- Capacity building of African researchers and policymakers to improve evidence use in policy decisions (Pretoria)
- Seminar to encourage Argentinean policymakers to try innovative approaches to plan and manage their work
- Online course Leaders of change: helping policymakers develop their capacity to promote the use of knowledge in policy (Latin America and Africa)
- Online courses on monitoring, learning and evaluation, designing a policy-relevant research agenda, rethinking funding models, and strategic communications (through P&I’s platform, and On Think Tanks School)
- Technical support and advice to the Capacity Building Phase 2 in Latin America for the Think Tank Initiative (Latin America)