Politics & Ideas Believes Your Personal Information Deserves Protection
Your User Privacy Settings
P&I asks for your name, e-mail address and other personal information when you register simply to know who you are so we can communicate with you and help you participate in ways that you find most meaningful.
P&I uses third party service providers to help us provide portions of the services offered at our sites. P&I has selected our providers based on the providers’ published polices and or explicit agreement to conform with our policies.
Information P&I Collects
Whenever you access P&I´s website, the server(s) must know and does record (log) certain standard technical information such as the numerical Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; and the Internet address of the website from which you followed a link. P&I uses access logs to help detect errors, monitor for malicious intrusion, evaluate server performance and help us adapt our offerings to the needs of our users. In addition, P&I, or P&I’s third party analytics providers (currently google analytics), may also record data that includes this technical information.
You can always opt-out of all future correspondence. Please understand that, should you indicate this preference, we will not be able to correspond with you thereon.
PI does not correlate this logged traffic data with named users except when:
- Users access or attempt to access private administrative areas of the site with a user name and password.
- The user posts a blog comment or collaboration application under a user name and password.
- P&I has reason to believe there has been potentially malicious access to our servers or content.
- P&I may report the anonymized, aggregated and filtered results of server log analysis and the reporting provided by our third party analytics services to funders and the public in order to fund and promote P&I services. Individual user activity is not shared except to the extent such users elect to post or contribute in P&I´s blog.
- P&I needs to satisfy any law, regulation or government request.